Being slightly socially awkward, I began to write something along the lines of “Hey there, internet people,” but had to stop myself. I may as well come out and say it – yes, I am a bit socially awkward (or shy, I guess) and my creativity has its limits. However, I promised myself that I would start a blog this year, so here I am.
So, yeah… Hi!
I recently read, okay, lightly scanned, over a blog post that explains how to start a blog and the one point I took away from it was that I should take some time to introduce myself in my first post. So, here goes nothin’.
- Firstly, my name is Caitlin. Yes, it is one of those names that has several different spellings. No, I don’t care if anyone misspells it. I’ve seen it spelled a dozen different ways, and I find it petty to care about such things. Usually, I just congratulate people when they do spell it correctly.
- Aside from starting a blog, one of my goals is to keep up with it. I hope to update at least once a month, but we’ll see. It’ll probably be sporadic, knowing me.
- Another goal I have is to write a book. ‘What kind of book?’ you ask? Great question! I’d like to write a work of fiction, hopefully one that can be classified as a novel. It’d probably be aimed at young adults, so it’d share bookstore shelves with Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Fault in Our Stars. Apart from those details, I have little to no clue what it’d be about, but probably not wizards, vampires, or cancer kids.
- Now, I’m going to list my hobbies. Don’t worry, I don’t have many of these (yet). My hobbies include: reading (duh); writing (double duh); and watching tv/films/youtube videos. Videogames are cool, too, but I work a full-time job these days, so I don’t have much time to dedicate to them, which is unfortunate.
- Interests: If you haven’t already gathered this from my list of hobbies, then you should know that I’m quite a ‘geeky’ or ‘nerdy’ person. I grew up on Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, and Marvel (no, not the comics, but the films and the stories that my dad would tell me – from the comics). I’m not the best at videogames, but I grew up playing Pokemon on the GameBoy Color. It was an excellent game to bring along on long road trips. I also have other interests, including yoga and meditation, but those are more recent interests I have acquired, so I don’t have much to say about them at the moment.
- I have two pets: my lab mix, Captain Morgan, and my cat, Gabby. Morgan’s first owner was in a fraternity, so I think that perfectly explains why she’s named after a brand of rum. She’s perhaps the best dog ever, despite that she sometimes digs in the trash a little bit and sometimes pisses on the carpet. Gabby, on the other hand, is extremely annoying because she won’t ever shut the hell up. If she weren’t so sweet, I probably would’ve killed her when I was still a teenager, or tried to pawn her off to somebody else.
Okay, I wouldn’t have killed her – that was just a bad joke. I’m probably not a particularly funny person. I mean, I have a sense of humor and I have been known to make people laugh – I do have a soul – but I’m no comedian… just a person. Just a slightly awkward person.
And no, I don’t know what this blog will be about. I don’t think I’ll have a certain ‘niche’. Later in life, I may start a blog about a certain topic but, for now, I think this will just be a personal blog where I ramble, rant, and just talk out of my ass sometimes.